Re: Plane impact design

I investigated an accident several years ago where an overweight 4-seat
single engine airplane needed a longer clear departure corridor than was
available.  It hit a 2 story steel framed brick veneer building about 5
feet below the top of the parapet.  No structural damage to the
building, but there was a hole in the brick and interior wall about
twice the size of the engine.  The rest of the plane, plus the 4
corpses, remained outside.

However, when thinking about impact damage, don't forget that great
scene towards the end of "Debt of Honor".  I don't know if it's been
made into a movie, but the picture Tom Clancy painted in my mind was
rather dramatic.

Phil