Re: Timoshenko Beam Equations of Motion

Edward,

Here are some references on this subject:

1. S. Timoshenko, D. H. Young and W. Weaver, VIBRATION PROBLEMS IN
ENGINEERING, John Wiley and Sons, 4th ed., 1974.

2. R. K. Wen and N. Beylerian, "Elastio-Plastic Response of Timoshenko
Beams", ASCE Journal of the Structural Division, June 1967, pp. 131-146.

3. G. R. Cooper, "The Shear Coefficient in Timoshenko's Beam Theory",
Journal of Applied Mechanics, June 1966.

4. W. J. Stronge and T. X. Yu, DYNAMIC MODELS FOR STRUCTURAL PLASTICITY,
Springer-Verlag, London, Great Britain, 1993.

These references will lead you to others.  Hope this helps you get started.

Walter Sawruk
EQE International, Inc.
Shillington, PA
email: ws(--nospam--at)eqe.com

At 02:46 AM 10-07-1999 -0300, you wrote:
>I'm a graduated student in São Paulo University, Brasil and I am looking
for some good books, papers or even softs in that subject. I have to make a
program (believe or not in  Basic  or  Fortran )  which  will  calculate
the frequencies in free vibration and modes of vibration of a multi-span
beam with a consideration of deformations due to flexure, shear and torsion
(as a grid) considering the transverse inertia and rotary inertia in the
formulation of the consistent mass matrix. Any help will be greatly
apprecieted. Thanking all of you in advance,