Re: Plwd: Rigid Diaphragm Analysis - Opinions Wanted

Dennis -

I tend to agree with your assumptions, but still must ask the question, "Is
the building any better off for all the effort and analysis that it is
receiving?"

It is for all of the complications outlined in your posting that we are
currently sticking with the Simplified Static method as noted in my posting a
week or so ago.  The forces are a bit high, but the analysis is still
"flexible diaphragm" and relatively easy to figure.

After you're done with one of your problems, it would be interesting to
compare the results using the two different analysis methods.

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.