Re: HP 1050C vs. Arch. Desktop

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 Parkerres(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> We just bought an HP 1050C plotter to use with our CAD system.  We are
> running AutoCad Architectural Desktop, which is an enhanced version of
> AutoCad Release 14.  We are having some problems with the printer drivers.
> We have been told to uninstall Desktop, uninstall R14, then install the HP
> R14 drivers, then reinstall R14, then reinstall Desktop.  This seems
> ridiculous.

This sounds like the typical MS-Windows installation routine.

Our "Help" Desk gives that same advice in response to almost all
compatibility/printer problems.  Sometimes it even works.

Ed.S.

Edwin R. Schmeckpeper, P.E., Ph.D.
Department of Civil Engineering                   Phone  : (208) 885-6702
University of Idaho                               FAX    : (208) 885-6608
Moscow, Idaho 83844-1022                          E-Mail : eds(--nospam--at)uidaho.edu