Re: Plwd: Rigid Diaphragm Analysis - Opinions Wanted

Dennis -

We are using the "Simplified Static" per Section 1630.2.3, as allowed by
Section 1629.8.2, which limits the types of buildings to which it applies.
The Simplified Static raises the load by a factor of 3.0 / 2.5 as per
equations (30-11) vs. (30-5) for Regular Static for a small building.

In return for the heavier loads, you are absolved from complying with a bunch
of the other code sections as noted in 1630.2.3.4.  Most of these deal with
the deflection requirements.  This is the approach we are taking.

Let me know what you think.

Bruce

In a message dated 7/13/99 10:39:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time,