Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
1997 UBC 1630.1.1[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'SEAOC List'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: 1997 UBC 1630.1.1
- From: Al Grathwol <AGrathwol(--nospam--at)BoyleEngineering.com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:01:57 -0400
Equation 30-1 combines the effects of horizontal and vertical earthquake loads. However, the code fails to indicate how the combined load is to be applied for purposes of design. Are we to infer that this combined force is supposed to be applied in the horizontal direction only? It's not clearly stated in the code.
- Prev by Subject: Re: 1997 UBC - OMFs
- Next by Subject: Re: 1997 UBC 1630.1.1
- Previous by thread: HP 1050C vs. Arch. Desktop
- Next by thread: Re: 1997 UBC 1630.1.1