Neopene Bearing Pads

We are redesigning a flat slab bridge deck for a Contractor to use
cast-in-place in lieu of the precast panels originally detailed.  The
original design was done by others.

Both the Owner and the Contractor want all of the other details to stay the
same as the original design, which for the most part is not a problem.
However, the original design calls out "1" x 6" Continuous Neoprene Bearing
Pad" at the interior bents.  My question is not the need for the bearing
pads, but rather just how long a bearing pad can be manufactured?  What is a
reaonable length of pad to specify?  The pads are plain pads - no
reinforcing.

David Finley, P.E.