Re: Plwd: Rigid Diaphragm Analysis - Opinions Wanted

Alfonso:
You speak the truth.  The faster we can get these jobs out of the office and
into plan check, the happier the client will be.  What's a few more nails and
anchor bolts worth when you look at the big picture?  I personally think the
new code eq.'s are meant to be punitive for  high-risk structures.
Unfortunately, us stick-and-stucco engineers are lost  in the shuffle.  I'm
going to use the Simplified Design Base Shear  (1630.2.3) and let the plan
checker explain to me why it shouldn't apply.

Get back to work!
Denise at The Flying Buttress