Re: Plwd: Rigid Diaphragm Analysis - Opinions Wanted

Most of the recent responses to the original post by Dennis (on July 10) on the subject
listed above have not addressed the original topic, so I suggest that we start a new
thread on just the Simplified static procedure (97 UBC 1629.8.2 and 1630.2.3).  This is
an interesting topic by itself, so I will attempt to make some quick comments on previous
points made about this topic, thereby starting the new thread.

Also, let's not forget Dennis original questions on diaphragm analysis for irregular
multi-story wood-frame buildings.  He hasn't received too many responses specific to his
original question, and I think he brings up some interesting topics.  I will try to
respond soon, Dennis (but not tonight....)

Mark Swingle, SE
Oakland, CA