RE: Moment Connections

From: Paul Martin [mailto:paul_martin(--nospam--at)corp.admworld.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 1999 3:47 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Moment Connections

Maybe use top and bottom plates that lap the top and bottom flanges similar to ASD 9th ed. p 4-100, or like LRFD vII 2cd ed. p 10-11.  If the shear tab is bolted, I use pretensioned bolts there.

Paul J. Martin, PE, SE
ADM Design Services
Decatur, IL

217-429-4412
Maybe I was not clear.  What I allowed was a plate the exact dimensions of the beam flange (thickness and width), with a full pen weld to the beam flange and a full pen weld to the column flange.  Somewhat of a beam flange extension if you will.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.