Re: Wood: 'en' and Plywood question.

Dennis, I agree with your interpretation below.  What isn't stated is that with
sheathing on both sides of the wall, nailed with the same schedule, the shear
capacity doubles.  The extra capacity is not utilized since the shear demand
(load) is the same in your example.  Thus, the wall will be stiffer when
sheathed both sides instead of one side, for a given shear demand.  This also
was pointed out in one of the other responses.
You guys are going to force me to bring my APA lit. and UBC home, so I can
answer these interesting questions!
John Rose/APA