Re: Wood: 'en' and Plywood question.

Well John, it's about time you jumped in to this discussion. I thought maybe
APA was starting to barracade the premises worrying about the frustrated
structural engineers out there that are ready to attack:>)

You brought up a good point. In the shearwall deflection calculation, if the
en reduces (shear per nail) because of sheathing on the other side, the t
value (effective thickness in the plywood) needs to also double - thus making
the wall stiffer as you noted. I had nearly forgotten that one.

Good to hear from you. BTW, if we all got to work late into the night for
this one, we expect you to as well:>) (that is unless your too old for late
night grind:>)

Regards,
Dennis

In a message dated 7/15/99 11:08:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,