From: Greg Smith [mailto:strusup(--nospam--at)gte.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 1999 4:37 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Moment Connections

     I don't know about the code violations (if any) but unless you use
a much thicker weld plate, you will have a semi-rigid connection which
would be objectionable if only a rigid connection will do.  To assure a
rigid connection make sure that the fillet welds from the weld plate to
the beam flange are continuous up to the end of the beam flange.
     You can consult the AISC manual for details.

Hope this helps,
Greg