Re: E and Fb for mahogany?

At 07:53 AM 7/15/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Does anyone know ranges in E and Fb for mahogany. I am checking wind load on
>some custom window mullions?
>
>Jeff Smith
Jeff, there was a thread on this, called "Re: Teak and Mahogany" in the
April 17, 1999 time frame, that I believe has your answers. Visit the Seaint
archives in the website.

It may be a good idea to distinguish between "Phillipine mahogany" which may
also go by the name Luan, and the several harder, true mahoganies from
Central America and Africa. Mahogany has tended to become a generic name in
lay usage.

Charles O. Greenlaw SE   Sacramento CA