Re: Engineers LOW PROFILE

Isn't this a "chicken vs. egg"- type of scenario? Nobody uses the title
"P.E.",  hence no one sees it and asks what it is. The usual question is,
"Does that mean Physical Education?" I think it should be used to increase
public awareness.
Doctors use MD and rarely is it questioned.Accountants use CPA and that is
not questioned, Nurses use their RN and nobody questions it. I think we
should all use it to help gain appreciation for the engineering field.

People have responded that using a title won't get you more pay, but I
disagree. In the long run it will help by improving the image of engineers
overall.

Steve