Douglas Fir vs. Hem Fir

I have typically specified Douglas Fir no. 1 for beams and headers and no. 2
for studs and interior partition walls.

Recently, I understand Hem Fir is being increasingly substituted.  It appears
that the properties are pretty close.  I also know that P.T. mud sill
specified on the job invariably is Hem fir.

Is the substitution acceptable for walls and floor / roof framing?  Are there
any items to watch out for?

Anand Nene, S. E.
ANSE
Consulting Structural Engineers