Retaining wall compensation

I am curious how others throughout the country charge for retaining wall design.

Most of the retaining wall work I have been involved in has been project specific as either part of a building structure or structural foundation system.
The project fee is typically determined for the project as a whole via the usual methods; estimated time and effort, percentage of project cost, tarot cards, the magic eight ball... :-)

What I am curious about is when the amount of design and drafting time is minor, two or three different conditions maybe, yet the walls are long and numerous with a quantifiably higher level of exposure.

To create an example, say a wall 12' high and 1/4 mile long, and regular enough that only one wall section will cover the whole thing. How do you charge for the increased exposure over a design for the same wall only 50 ft long?

Paul Feather