Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: HSS Section designation[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: RE: HSS Section designation
- From: "Benson,Ralph" <rbenson(--nospam--at)huitt-zollars.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 8:45 -0500
I use the HSS designations, and have confused several contractors with it, but it also confuses some of the less enlightened in my office. Ralph Benson Huitt-Zollars, Inc. -----Original Message----- From: Paul Feather [SMTP:pfeather(--nospam--at)san.rr.com] Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 1999 5:41 PM To: rbenson; SEAOC List Subject: HSS Section designation << File: body.htm >> On recent projects I have switched to specifying pipe and tube sections by the HSS designations in the AISC "Hollow Structural Sections - Connections Manual" The response I am getting from the fabricator and their suppliers is mixed, but typically they are not familiar with the new designations and/or the specified sections are not readily available. What are the facts regarding the new HSS sections and designations? Should we be using the HSS designations or not? Is the material in the manual available or a premium item? What is AISC's position? Is anyone else using the HSS designation, and with what result? Paul Feather P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: HSS Section designation
- Next by Subject: Re: HSS Section designation
- Previous by thread: Re: HSS Section designation
- Next by thread: Re: HSS Section designation