Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Re: Foundation A.B. Capacity[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Re: Foundation A.B. Capacity
- From: COEngineer(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:35:30 EDT
In a message dated 7/20/99 7:04:07 PM, you wrote: <<12" Embedment (le = 12") Projected area = 106.4 in^2 (Ap), this has taken into account that the wall is only 8" thick (I truncated the shear cone). >> Where did this come from? It seems like you are doing too many reductions. One other observation: Doesn't the code require a minimum of 3 diameters edge distance at all times? If so, the typical 4x wall framed flush with the outer concrete cannot use anything larger than a 1/2" anchor. The center of the 4x is at 1.75 in from the edge, and .625x(3)= 1.875 (no good!). I see this provision violated every day. Howard Silverman Covert Operations, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: Foundation A.B. Capacity
- Next by Subject: Re: Foundation A.B. Capacity
- Previous by thread: Foundation A.B. Capacity
- Next by thread: Re: Foundation A.B. Capacity