RE: Engineers LOW PROFILE

> PE is a title you should be proud of, not something you should
> try to hide.
>  Are you ashamed to be an engineer or something? Or do you want to "keep
> engineers in their place". Is that the case?

About 20 years or so ago, New York State decided it would be a great idea to
put a "PE" on car license plates.  I'm not sure how they did it (perhaps
they compared DMV records with PE licenses), but what it was good for was an
extra $50 for traffic tickets by overzealous cops. Consequently, many PE's
wanted to get their tags replaced.  Preferably without any "PE" markings.