Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wood Adhesives[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Wood Adhesives
- From: "Robert Fennema, P.E." <bobfennema(--nospam--at)home.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:14:00 -0700
I am designing a detail to correct a construction defect. The contractor failed to install blocking and boundary nailing at the top of the shear walls perpendicular to the roof rafters. This is only one of the many shear transfer connections omitted from this 12,000 SF home. Of course the roof covering is on. It is a two piece clay tile system set in mortar. We would like to repair the defect without removing the roof covering to install the missing boundary nailing. Am considering gluing a 2 x 4 block flat onto the underside of the OSB roof sheathing and connecting it to a new block on the shear wall using an A35. I need help selecting the adhesive that would substitute for the lack of boundary nailing. Does anyone know the shear transfer values of various adhesives that might be available? I guess this would be expressed in # per sq in. Is this an acceptable idea?
- Prev by Subject: Wood - Distribution of Shear
- Next by Subject: Re: Wood Adhesives
- Previous by thread: Scott Steadman's book on Woodframe
- Next by thread: Re: Wood Adhesives