Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
HSS Section designation[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: HSS Section designation
- From: "Ian G. Robertson" <IGR(--nospam--at)eqe.com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:09:07 -0700
If you specify HSS and get TS sections, you should be safe. The AISC HSS Connection Manual give section properties for tubes with wall thickness equal to 93% of nominal. I was under the impression that this is what we were getting, even if we specified TS shapes. The only property which did not change with the thinner walls was weight per foot. My guess is this means wall thickness could be anywhere between 93% and 100% of nominal. I have not yet looked at the difference in ASTM specs.
- Prev by Subject: RE: HSS Section designation
- Next by Subject: Re: HSS Section designation
- Previous by thread: Re: HSS Section designation
- Next by thread: Retaining wall compensation