Re: Golf Course Bridge Design & AASHTO

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Ed Fasula wrote:

> We're just starting on a job to use 100' salvaged bowstring trusses
> to make a golf course bridge.  It's going to carry carts, people, and
> golf course equipment (tractors).
>
> I'm wondering if the lane live load pattern we need would be in AASHTO's
> Standard Specifications for Highway Bridges, another publication, or if
> we're going to have to make it up ourselves.

Try AASHTO's "Guide Specifications for Design of Pedestrian Bridges"
not their Highway bridge specifications.

You can order the publication from AASHTO at:

	http://www.aashto.org/bookstore

Ed.S.

Edwin R. Schmeckpeper, P.E., Ph.D.
Department of Civil Engineering                   Phone  : (208) 885-6702
University of Idaho                               FAX    : (208) 885-6608
Moscow, Idaho 83844-1022                          E-Mail : eds(--nospam--at)uidaho.edu