Re: Effects of the New Code on Wood structures -LA City codes

In a message dated 7/23/99 10:09:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
eworkman(--nospam--at)fix.net writes:

<< What does the current RGA (Rule of General Application) say? >>

Why would there be an RGA when the provisions have been adopted into the new
L.A. City Code (based on revisions or changes to the '97 UBC or CBC). I
understand an RGA to apply (by special application for approval of use) when
a methodology is not yet been adopted and published in the city code.

My experience has been with RGA 1-91 for URM buildings which became the UCBC
Appendix Chapter 1. Since the methodology was already established (as I
assume) there would be no need to issue an RGA - or am I missing something
here???

Dennis