Re: Metal Stud Plywood Shear Walls

Hi Barry,
Professor Surette has been doing the research work under a grant (I hope this
is correct) by AISI and together with the LGSEA and NAHB-Research Center. He
was instumental in his work which ultimately became the provisions in the '97
UBC. I suggest you contact Larry Williams at Light Gauge Steel Engineers
Association (lgsea(--nospam--at)aol.com) for more information or to become a member. I
support this organizations since I too do steel stud design. Their
newsletters and information (for members ) on their website (www.lgsea.com)
is very good.

Larry Williams is the Executive Director of LGSEA and can guide you well.

Dennis

In a message dated 7/23/99 8:39:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time, wellive(--nospam--at)ibm.net