Re: Effects of the New Code on Wood structures - good or bad?????

Ben and Lynn,
I can't tell you how frustrated I have been over this. Those on the
committees and who comprise the board off each of our California Chapters
knows our positions and has read many in not all of the arguments.
I am told that they have "taken it under advisment" and have had many hours
of meetings to discuss our opinions. Still, there is nothing to indicate that
change is taking place.
I don't think that much will be done until enough engineers write their local
chapters and voice concerns. Maybe I am impatient and I need to give the
committee members more time to respond. I only hope that they will use their
good judgment and discuss these issues openly with us - if only to present us
with any evidence or materials that we do not presently have and should have.

I'm interested in any opinons as to how we may get a more direct response
from those seismology members (or wood sub-committee members).

Dennis

In a message dated 7/24/99 4:01:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Byainc(--nospam--at)aol.com