Re: Effects of the New Code on Wood structures - good or bad?????

In a message dated 7/24/99 8:24:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com writes:

<< The outcome is still the same - wood framed homes performed well. If we
 devoted as much time lobbying for stricter educational requirements on
 contractors rather than the path we have taken we might resolve the quality
 issue and still have affordable housing.

Dennis,

This is one of the best comment that I heard from you!  I am both working in
design engineering and construction industry so I know what is happening.  If
the contractor has no design engineering background then at least his
superintendent, or project engineer, or project manager shall have design
engineering experience.  Also, plan checkers shall all be registered engineer
and all inspectors shall have design engineering experience in the discipline
he is inspecting.

Engr. Alfonso S. Quilala Jr., P.E.