Re: Effects of the New Code on Wood structures - good or bad?????

EERI is working on a seismic construction training program for building
inspectors and contractors.  The first phase is a training video on wood
construction, and the important features of construction that provide seismic
resistance.  It is being prepared by an experienced contractor who has been
involved in training others, with support by ICBO. Guidance on the project comes
from a task group including SEAOC engineers, ICBO, building contractors, APA and
other organizations.  For further info, contact Marjorie Greene at EERI in
Oakland, CA. It's the first step in a comprehensive program.
John Rose/APA