Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Reinforced Concrete Blockwork Construction[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Reinforced Concrete Blockwork Construction
- From: "Frederick Ellul" <f_ellul(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 19:59:56 CEST
On a project I am currently working on I have specified reinforced concrete blockwork walls reinforced with both the main vertical reinforcement and also horizontal secondary distribution steel.
However the contractor has never used any horizontal steel in such walls, and he is claiming that it is a very time consuming process.
Does anyone have any suggestions etc from past experience of how the construction sequence could be carried out...i.e. number of courses infilled at one time etc without the builder's breaking their backs etc ? Maybe also a few things to look out for etc technically ?
I believe this type of construction is quiet common in the US. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Frederick ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
- Prev by Subject: RE: Reinforced Concrete Blockwork Constr
- Next by Subject: RE: Reinforced Concrete Blockwork Construction
- Previous by thread: RE: WOOD MASONRY
- Next by thread: RE: Reinforced Concrete Blockwork Construction