From: Frederick Ellul [mailto:f_ellul(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 26, 1999 2:00 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Reinforced Concrete Blockwork Construction

On a project I am currently working on I have specified reinforced concrete
blockwork walls reinforced with both the main vertical reinforcement and
also horizontal secondary distribution steel.

However the contractor has never used any horizontal steel in such walls,
and he is claiming that it is a very time consuming process.

Does anyone have any suggestions etc from past experience of how the
construction sequence could be carried out...i.e. number of courses infilled

at one time etc without the builder's breaking their backs etc ? Maybe also
a few things to look out for etc technically ?

I believe this type of construction is quiet common in the US.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Frederick