REDUNDANCY FACTOR IN DESIGN MANUAL

Could anybody help me work out example number 15, Seismic Design manual -
Reliability/Redundance Factor?  I am trying to figure out how the values for
Vwi were obtained for the example of the building with shear walls (page 50).
Are these loads Vi and Vwi given? or did they leave out some steps to derive
Vwi? Is Vwi supposed to be the total shear in a continuous shear wall?

Thanks for the help.
Andrew