Re: Design of bollards

Mark -

Table 16-B of the 1997 UBC gives a 6000 pound design load at 18" above grade
for a "Vehicle Barrier".  Section 311.2.3.5 defines a "Vehicle Barrier" for
you as a barrier located in a parking garage more than 5' above adjacent
grade.  This may not exactly apply to your bollard, but may be a good place
to start.

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.

In a message dated 7/26/99 9:52:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,