Re: Design of bollards

Check out AASHTO "Standard Specifications for Highway Bridges".  There is a section on the design of bridge railings that may prove helpful.

--Kipp A. Martin
Dilbert's Prayer

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I cannot accept,
And the wisonm to hide the bodies of those people I had to
kill because they pissed me off.

And also Help me to be careful of the toes I step on today
as they may be connected to the butt that I may have
to kiss tommorow