RE: Golf Course Bridge Design & AASHTO

This was posted accidentally under the wrong heading, so I'm re-posting it
now.

Roger,

You mentioned a 60 deg maximum angle for "pony" truss bracing.  Is this an
AASHTO recommendation?  I'm curious where that comes from... is the concern
addition of tension to the truss due to the higher vertical component of
force in the brace causing a higher reaction at the deck beam/truss
connection?  It seems that the nominal lateral bracing force could be
resisted effectively at a steeper angle.

Thanks,
Ed