ACI 318-99: Comments, Anyone?

Just received my new copy of ACI 318-99. Haven't had much time to more than
thumb through it. I suspect there are those on the list that have more
"inside information" about it than I do.

So, what do you know?

I was struck by the fact that, with the edition being dated "'99", they
broke with "tradition" of the six year cycle (and occasional "interims"
three years after each update). I speculate this is because of some
"upheaval" that caused them to release a "new" version two years early (and
no "interim" at all). Too bad; ACI 318-2001 has a nice ring to it!

Anyway, I'd like to get the skinny from any and all who have any to give.

Regards.