Re: Design of bollards

Mark,

If these bollards are to be used for high speed vehicle impacts (such as in
phyiscal security applications) and you need to provide a bollard rated at
a certain kinetic energy level, you can get some typical designs from the
following reference.

D. T. Nebuda (US Army Corps of Engineers), PROTECTION AGAINST MALEVOLENT
USE OF VEHICLES AT NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS, NUREG/CR-6190, US Nuclear
Regulatory Commission, Washington, D.C., Vol. 2, Rev. 1, Dec. 1994.

Walt Sawruk
EQE International, Inc.
Shillington, PA
email: ws(--nospam--at)eqe.com