Re: Furniture Live Load

The live load developed by code considers furniture and any or all
non-permanent loads applied to a floor. Even a waterbed will not exceed the
40 psf live load requirment (considering 8 pounds per gallon, if you run the
numbers the distribution is much less than 40 psf on most floors). By
comparion, furniture loads are very light unless you are trying to place
something like a vault or massive save in the center of a room.
The most serious problems associated with live loads from my experience is in
office buildings where file cabinets are concentrated in the center of the
floor spans and where the live loads can be easily overloaded depending on
the capacity of the cabinet.

I may not be answering your question - so, if you can be more specific
possibly we can help advise you.

Dennis