Re: Design of bollards

> speed by using speed bumps.  If your bollards get out of hand, I might
> suggest something like speed bumps to limit the vehicle velocity prior
> to impact.  How fast can a person drive over speed bumps?  I'll leave
> that one to somebody else!

I once witnessed a large 70's Buick drive directly at (and over) a high
curb at about 35 mph and keep going undeterred, though the creaking noises
from the undercarriage suggested it was a really bad idea if the life of
the car is a concern (I think that the driver was trying to evade police at
the time, so the car's well-being was not an issue).  Based on that
experience, I would be a little wary of relying on speed bumps.

Paul Crocker