Re: Furniture Live Load

>I would also consider a design based on the 300 pound guy sitting anywhere
>on your furniture.
You might also want to find a bed or a couch that resembles the one
you're designing, and figure out what sort of loads the parts can take.
I'd be very surprised if the ordinary garden variety double or king sized
bed weren't designed for 600-700 lb with a dynamic amplification of 2-3.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw