Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Camber[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Camber
- From: "Dan Vines" <dan(--nospam--at)willettengineering.com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:26:50 -0400
From: Robert Rollo [mailto:rrollo(--nospam--at)TEAM-PSC.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 1999 11:54 AM
is it possible for camber in a member used as a flat slab form purlin to dissappear following its design load application ?
spec'd 3/4" midspan camber in simple span channel to be reused in repeat bay forming system application.
design stress under wet concrete loading was 65% of allowable.
am i not in the elastic range and should i not see the camber return upon from and purlin removal ?
channels are dead straight now and fabricator is arguing that the camber "dissappears" following use, even with no current load in the channel.
robert d. rollo, PE
Parkhill, Smith & Cooper, Inc.
(806) 747-7146 fax
- From: Robert Rollo
- Prev by Subject: RE: Camber
- Next by Subject: RE: Camber
- Previous by thread: RE: Camber
- Next by thread: RE: Camber