API 650 appendix E vs near fault

I would like opinions on the use of API 650 appendix E when located within 2
KM of a type B fault in zone 4.  The tank is a falt bottom, grade supported,
110' dia steel tank 45 ft high & contains gasoline.  The 97 UBC (calif)
permits use of industry standards provided it conform to 1629A.4 & 1629A.2.
API 650 accounts for sloshing but IMHO I would think the near fault
provisions should be bruoght into play to comply with what I think is the
intent.  The API provisions use allowable stress type loads and the tank guy
has computed a shear of about .14g which when looking at near fault criteria
seems low to me.  Again imho I think a shear adjustment would be proper with
a distribution using the sloshing formuls of the standard.
Thanks,
Bob Hanson