Re: Design of bollards

speed by using speed bumps.  If your bollards get out of hand, I might
 > suggest something like speed bumps to limit the vehicle velocity prior
 > to impact.  How fast can a person drive over speed bumps?  I'll leave
 > that one to somebody else!

I think some of our list members misundertood the above statement.  My
understanding is that speed bumps are placed before the bollard to slow down
the vehicle before hitting the bollards.  This is the proper way to make sure
that the vehicle will not hit the bollard at top speed.
Placing only speed bumps instead of bollards will definitely won't gonna
work.

Engr. Alfonso S. Quilala Jr., P.E.