Need feedback from those using strict interpretation for Wood structures

I would like to hear comments from engineers and designers who have used the
strict provisions of the '97 code in the design of residential wood framed
structures with wood diaprhagm. I am also interested in your comments as to
the advantages of the methods and any suggestions as to how you feel the
method may be simplified.

I am most interested in opinions on how you modeled structures of unusual
geometry where sections where skewed (angular) from adjacent sections or
blocks. Did you perform a flexible tributary analsyis on the entire
structure? Break it into managable blocks? or incorporate the flexible
diaphragm approach into a torsional analysis?

I am begining to feel as though I am the only one having real problems here
and would like to know how others are addressing code compliance.

You may respond to me privately if you do not want to publish this on the
list.

Dennis S. Wish PE
seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com