Re: Redundancy Factor

In San Francisco, because of narrow deep lots (25x120) the redundancy factor in
the short direction will almost always be 1.5.  This type of lot is usually
occupied by 1-3 dwelling unit buildings of 3-4 stories.  It would be applicable
for both new construction and retrofit under the SF Building Code.  In the long
direction the redundancy factor could not exceed 1 because the side walls, on the
property line and are typically 60'+ long with no openings.