Re: Redundancy Factor

Bob,
At what point do you believe that the redundancy factor begins to appear? In
other words, does it appear in one story, two story or more than two story's
on the example that you defined. I would tend to think that even on a narrow
lot, if the structure is less than two stories and the shearwalls are more
closely spaced (as would be more common in single family residence).

I guess the conclusion I am hoping to reach is that the redundancy factor is
more applicable to certain types of structures and less critical for others.
To define what these structures are by having enough examples may help to
work out  a simplification of the requirments. For every stage that can be
simplified, the time to design can become more manageable.

Thanks,
Dennis

In a message dated 7/29/99 10:32:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,