From: Jeff Creagan <jeffc(--nospam--at)kpff.com>
To: SEAOC Listserver <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Friday, July 30, 1999 9:30 AM
Subject: In-Slab Ducts in P/T Slabs

We have been asked on several recent projects about the feasibility of introducing in-slab mechanical ducts (i.e. 2" x 12") into our flat plate post-tensioned concrete slab design.  Apparently, this is a system that is very common in Canada, where they are utilized in conventional mildly reinforced slabs.  Any opinions?