Re: Redundancy Factor (applicable to seismic and wind?)

See equation 30-1, page 2-13 of the 97 UBC.  Rho is worked into the definition of
the value of E in this equation but is not used in anything else that I know of.
Rho is not actually part of a typical load combination (as in 1612), just part of
the definition of E given in 1630.  Because of the Rho, and Ev as defined in
1630.1.1, the value of E is not synonymous with the base shear V given in 1630.2, it
is a mini-load combination with V worked in as Eh.

Paul Crocker