Re: Redundancy Factor

In a message dated 7/30/99 2:58:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ROH(--nospam--at)eqe.com
writes:

<<
 Somehow, in the word smithing that went into the actual code language, this
 logic got badly messed up.  Now each wall segement is multiplied by 10/lw.
 This has the desired effect for long walls, but has a penalty effect for
 short wall segments  This was, in my opinion, never intended.
 This has some serious negative impacts on wood frame construction.

 Please consider this matter, at your next Seismology Committee meeting.

Ron, I appreciate your candor, however if this is not what the intent of the
code authors  was, then why not bite the bullet and amend this code section
now, whatever the process is.  Admit that an error was made and lets correct
this section now rather than live with its unintended negative impact.
Andrew.