Re: Redundancy Factor

Lynn:
A great idea but there imay be no legal way to do what you
suggest. California law prohibits local jurisdictions from
making "less restrictive" ammendments to the UBC and there is
no state agency that can amend the code on a state wide basis
for low rise wood frame.  The only possible action would be to
convince the state Department of Housing and Community
Development to repeal their adoption of 1997 UBC Chapter 16 (or
16 - 23) and readopt the the 1994 code in its place but this
would effect only residential occupancies.