Re: Redundancy Factor

Seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> I do not know if the city can refuse to adopt compliance to a new code that
> provides stricter enforcment of code provisions.
>
> Dennis

They cannot.  If a city declines (or fails) to adopt a Model Code, state law
provides that it is still in full force and effect in that city as if it had been
adopted.  Code adoption is always at the state level.  Cities may only amend
based on local climate, topography or geology to make the Model Code MORE
RESTRICTIVE.  Less restrictive amendments are never permitted for any reason.
The 1997 UBC is the legal minimum in California.

Bob